Thursday, October 28, 2010

Action House Heidelberg bietet Englisch Training an!

Check out this video and keep your eyes out for the next.  I’m SO THRILLED about this, and you’ll see why.

There are subtitles in the video, but here’s a transcript:

Hi this is Chad from Action House Heidelberg.
If you don’t know about Action House Heidelberg, I gotta tell ya, you’re really missing out on something cool.  Action House Heidelberg offers temporary studio space to creative people in the Heidelberg area, whether that means artists looking for a place to create, exhibit, or sell their art, entrepreneurs who need a desk, an internet connection and some basic office supplies, or people wishing to teach (or learn) new creative skills.
I myself am getting ready to offer an English course, and to tell you the truth, I think this is gonna be pretty spectacular.  Now, even if improving your English doesn’t interest you, I ask that you watch this video to the end, because I have something special in store for you that I believe will blow you away.  But first, let me tell you about the course.
Starting in the beginning of January, I’m going to set aside an hour a week to help you with your English. It’s going to be a very stress-free, easy course emphasizing conversational English in a group. No textbooks, no homework, just English conversation.  You see, most people don’t have any trouble UNDERSTANDING English, but when it comes to SPEAKING, they can’t seem to put the words together correctly and keep up with the conversation.
The reason why practicing conversational English is important is, any language you learn gets picked up through repeated exposure to that language. The reason I speak English as well as I do is because I experienced the language quite a bit.  Massive amounts of English input is how I learned English, and in this course, it’s how you’ll be learning English too.  As a language learner, once you’ve gotten the right amount of input, you start to develop an intuitive feeling of what is right and what isn’t, and you can learn to trust your intuition.  My role isn’t as a teacher or an instructor of some sort, but more like a guide or a coach.
What you’ll get is the opportunity to get English input which will be helpful in building your passive vocabulary, and the chance to speak English with the other participants and with me, which helps shift your passive vocabulary to active vocabulary.  I can also offer you guidance and correction, and I promise the topics will be interesting and thought-provoking.  Potential topics I’m interested in discussing might be global or local politics, short film, sociology, history, subculture, music, poetry, literature, or creativity, but since this is a conversation, you can also feel free to bring up anything that interests you.
Now, I’m recording this in English because I want to make sure that the people who decide to come to this will be people that already understand English pretty well.  Just so we’re clear, this event would be inappropriate for someone who has a lower level of English comprehension, so if you don’t quite understand everything I’m saying here, this is not the right course for you.
One other thing, the price of this course is much lower than anything similar you can find from any other language school in the area, and if you’re on facebook, I’ve got an extra bonus for you.  In my next video, I’m gonna tell you exactly how you can join this course for a whole month and not pay a cent. And remember, even if you don’t take this English course, I’m gonna make it worth your while.  If you go through the process I show you in my next video, even if you don’t attend the English course, I’ll make sure you know how much I appreciate it.  I can’t tell you enough how excited I am about this, and I hate to tease you like this, but watch my next video and I promise I’ll lay it all out on the table, because I’m sure that you’ll share my enthusiasm.

No comments: